Preregistration Information for Actors, Backstage and other Volunteers
Everyone's favorite practically perfect nanny takes the stage in this Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious musical adventure.
One of the most popular Disney movies of all time is capturing hearts in a whole new way: as a practically perfect musical! Based on the books by P.L. Travers and the classic Walt Disney film, Disney and Cameron Mackintosh's Mary Poppins delighted Broadway audiences for over 2,500 performances and received nominations for nine Olivier and seven TONY Awards, including Best Musical.
The jack-of-all trades, Bert, introduces us to England in 1910 and the troubled Banks family. Young Jane and Michael have sent many a nanny packing before Mary Poppins arrives on their doorstep. Using a combination of magic and common sense, she must teach the family how to value each other again. Mary Poppins takes the children on many magical and memorable adventures, but Jane and Michael aren't the only ones she has a profound effect upon. Even grown-ups can learn a lesson or two from the nanny who advises that "Anything can happen if you let it."
Mary Poppins is an enchanting mixture of irresistible story, unforgettable songs, breathtaking dance numbers, and astonishing stagecraft.
"Mary Poppins" will be staged in the Lakeshore Catholic High School Auditorium,
150 Janet Street, Port Colborne, Ontario a "600 seat theater auditorium".
2016 Show Dates:
- Saturday, February 20, 2016
- Sunday, February 21, 2016
- Saturday, February 27, 2016
- Sunday, February 28, 2016
- Friday, March 4, 2016
- Saturday, March 5, 2016
- Sunday, March 6, 2016
Getting Involved - How You Can Help
- Actors/actresses – lead roles, male and female, minor leads, bit parts.
- Chorus – crowd scenes, singing and dancing.
- Dancers – some dancers for chorus numbers and specialty dancers for more challenging numbers.
- Back stage crew – to change sets between scenes, work in the fly gallery raising and lowering sets.
- Set construction – help design and build all the sets needed for the show.
- Props – search out and obtain the props needed for authenticity of each show. Make sure props are ready when needed for the cast to use on stage.
- Sound – place mikes and other sound equipment to ensure that all stage activity is clearly heard by the audience – produce and provide special sound effects when needed.
- Lighting – set up stage lighting – produce and provide special lighting effects when needed.
- Make-up – put make-up on members of the cast before each show. Learn how to do complicated make-up for character roles.
- Prompter – provide cues for actors if they happen to forget what their next line is.
- Social – assist in set up, service, and clean-up of refreshments during rehearsals and other functions. Assist in the developing of social events, organizing them, and carrying them out.
- Canvassers for program ads – visit new and past advertisers to get ads for our show program.
- Community Partners/Sponsors committee – Seek our new Sponsors and maintain past Sponsors. These Sponsors/Community Partners are a major source of funding for the Society.
- Concession stand – sell snacks and drinks at intermission during the run of the show.
- Coat check – check coats in the lobby for the theater-goers comfort.
- Usher – lead the theater-goers to their seats.
- Ticket sales – assist the ticket manager in all aspects of ticket sales. Make ticket announcements during rehearsals, pick up tickets at the Roselawn box office, and deliver, during rehearsals. Assist in the delivery of flyers and brochures about tickets.
- Group Sales - Assist in developing a sales staff for group sales
- Fundraising – brain-storm for ideas on how to raise money for the Society such as the PCOS Scholarship Fund, or funds for capital project or equipment
- Promotions – assist the Publicity Chairperson in all aspects of advertising and/or promoting the Society and our annual production.
- Community service hours – students are able to get credit for their community hours needed by volunteering in some function.
Tickets & Gift Certificates On Sale in the fall
Roselawn Box Office
296 Fielden Avenue (at Carter), Debit or Cash • Visa, MasterCard, AMEX